Newlands Cross Cemetery
We provide Newlands Cross cemetery headstones, memorials and renovations & additional inscriptions.
Located just off the Ballymount Road, Ballymount, Dublin 24 and owned and managed by Dublin Cemeteries Trust Glasnevin trust. The cemetery was opened in 2000 and 1 year later opened up a state of the art crematorium. The cemetery covers almost 40 acres and is a full lawn cemetery which means no surrounds just memorials and headstones with height restrictions of 37.5”.
There are several notable memorials including one for a priest, Father James McCartan who was interred here following his murder in nearby Lucan in 1807. Another distinctive memorial depicts a carved skull and crossbones in a memento mori motif. A transcription of the gravestones was published in 1989 and contains records of approximately 60 memorials.