We provide Shanganagh cemetery headstones, memorials and renovations & additional inscriptions.
Located at Dublin Road (Old Bray Road) Shankill, County Dublin. Shanganagh cemetery is maintained and owned by Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown county council. Shanganagh Lawn Cemetery opened in 1984. It was to be the Cemetery for South County Dublin for the following 100 years. The first burial took place in June 1984 and there are now nearly 16,500 burials in the Cemetery. The Cemetery was extended in 1998 when the largest plot was opened, St. Helens. There are 3 other plots for coffin burial in Shanganagh, St. Ciarans, St. Laurence and St. James. There is also a plot for the burial of cremated remains, St. Marks. Shanganagh is a fully mechanised Cemetery and all the graves are dug by mechanical digger. All graves are accessible by car.
Famous names resting in Shanganagh cemetery include:
It holds the graves of former Irish taoiseach Garret FitzGerald (1926–2011) and Albert Reynolds (1932–2014).